Transportation Driver - Jefferson, WI
Location: Jefferson, WI
We are looking to hire another full-time Driver in our growing Transportation Department!
Pay: $12.25 with CDL, $11.25 without CDL
St. Coletta of Wisconsin; a leader in providing residential (CBRF & AFH) and vocational services to adults with developmental disabilities; has an excellent employment opportunity for a full-time Driver in our Jefferson Transportation Department! Our goal is to ensure the people we serve achieve their highest quality of life and personal growth. We are seeking a Driver who will help sustain this mission and aid in our continuous efforts to be recognized as an outstanding organization.
As a driver, your essential responsilibities include:
• Driving vehicles from the homes of persons served or central loading area to destination, according to assigned schedule.
• Assisting disabled passengers into and out of vehicle.
• Securing passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip.
• Safely operating cellular phone to communicate with base station or other vehicles to report disruption of service.
• Ensuring that all passengers make use of their seatbelts and assuring the safety of individuals being transported.
• Maintaining clean and serviced vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
• Keeping records of trips and behavior of passengers.
If you are seeking employment that is secure, offers growth opportunities, and provides a rewarding job experience, apply today!
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) with an employer match, and company paid short-term & long-term disability and life insurance.
Education and/or Experience: High School or GED education, plus work experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver's license with a past driving record that meets the standards set forth by the organization. CDL for bus operation (preferred, but not required).
Other Skills and Abilities: Skill with adults who have developmental disabilities is a plus. Ability to respond to behavior issues. Effective time management skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships.
Other Qualifications: General knowledge of Jefferson County. Minimum one year driving experience in all weather types.
St. Coletta is an EEO/AA and Substance/Tobacco Free Employer.